By Angela Nolan / November 18, 2010 / Recipes
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and cocoa in microwave or on stove, stirring. In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add dry ingredients. Don’t stir yet.
- Pour cocoa mixture over top and stir all together.
- Scrape into greased 8" x 8" pan.
- Place on the middle rack of your preheated oven & cook for 30 minutes.
- The brownies are done when the edges show signs of pulling away from the sides of the pan.
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 teaspoons hot coffee or water
- Mix all ingredients together and frost while the brownies are still warm in the pan.
- Let the frosted brownies cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Follow me online