By Angela Nolan / February 18, 2011 / Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 250 gram package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 15x10-inch baking pan.*
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
*As an alternative, use a 14” Pizza pan and reduce the baking time slightly OR use 2 heart-shaped cake pans ( I bought mine at the local Dollar Store) and bake for the same amount of time as called for in the recipe.
Follow me online